The industry's best-in-class facility for training foodservice professionals.
Vollrath University is located at Vollrath's Main Headquarters, in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
12,000 Square Foot Training Facility
- Simulated foodservice operations for:
- Front-of-house restaurant/hotel/banquet
- Back-of-house commercial kitchen
- K-12/college & university cafeteria
- Stadium & arena
- Grocery/convenience store
- Multimedia classroom with stadium seating
- Media-enabled open board room overlooking foodservice environments
- Fully functional kitchen for product and cooking demonstrations
- Dining area complete with beverage counter, serving cart, and seating
- Separate dishwashing room
Customizable Training Programs
- Tailor your own curriculum with a wide variety of product education sessions
- Product demonstrations, comparisons, hands-on, and multimedia presentations
- See the latest Vollrath product introductions
Manufacturing Facility Tours
- Vollrath University is located within Vollrath's primary manufacturing plant, and a short drive from our five other Wisconsin-based manufacturing facilities. Your in-depth view of the manufacturing process is just a step away.
- Enjoy exceptional lodging, dining, and activities during your stay.
Vollrath Corporate Product Training Manager
Born and raised in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, Rich’s interest in the foodservice industry began at a young age. When he was 12, he began working in his family’s restaurant in all areas of the business. After high school, he further pursued his interest as he achieved a degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management from the University of Wisconsin – Stout. He continued working in the family business after college until he was hired at the four diamond Los Abrigados Resort and Spa as a restaurant manager, and later moved into the role of Manager of Food Services overseeing the food and beverage operations at the resort. After realizing Arizona would never be home, Rich returned to his family’s restaurant in Sheboygan.
In January of 2000, Rich broadened his knowledge of the foodservice industry by accepting a job in sales with The Vollrath Company. In his time here, Rich has become proficient in Vollrath products by working in a variety of departments. He’s done everything from making product in the shop, answering phones in customer service, to putting orders together for shipment in the distribution center, and even working in marketing and product development. After running a sales territory in Upstate New York for six months, Rich still felt confident that Sheboygan was where he belonged. Upon returning home, he became the service manager and later moved into product management. Meanwhile, Rich never left his family’s restaurant, continuing to cook on a weekly basis.
In 2010, the company built Vollrath University and decided that a Corporate Product Trainer was needed. With his broad experience at Vollrath, combined with his culinary skills, no one fit the bill better than Chef Rich. His passion for the foodservice industry is obvious in every training session he gives, and when Rich can’t be found teaching people about Vollrath products – you can find him still helping out at his family’s restaurant in Sheboygan.