Developing the Mirage® Induction Rethermalizer
Vollrath's Director of Equipment Marketing explains the development of our new Mirage® Induction Rethermalizer. Through extensive research and field testing, Vollrath was able to address customers' warmer needs with this innovative rethermalizer.
The Mirage® Induction Rethermalizer is a recipient of a 2013 Kitchen Innovations award, produced by the National Restaurant Association to honor cutting-edge advancements in kitchen equipment for the foodservice industry.
Key Product Features
- Requires no water. 3-D coils surround the inset and act like steam, but require no water.
- Immediate start-up. With no water to preheat, users can put heated soup or food in and just turn the unit on. Induction directly heats the inset immediately. (Note: Must use Vollrath Induction ready inset).
- Minimize burned foods and food waste, and have better food taste and quality. Three thermistor temperature sensing and temperature settings in 1 degree increments provide accurate temperature control.
- Induction heating means faster retherm times. Retherm in 50-60 minutes versus 1.5 hours for most units.
- Hold most popular food items with presets for Soup, Crème Soup, Chili, and Mac n Cheese.
- Prevent tampering of food temperatures with the Locking feature. Simply hold down "function" and down arrow buttons to lock temperature in place.
- Stir Indicator flashes to remind users to stir product based on temperature differences on the inset.
- Bright display makes this product easy to use and easy to see.
For more information, please visit our Mirage® Induction Rethermalizer FAQs page.